We strive to provide free contents, if you like it please contribute to support all my works which dedicated to humanity and peace
 
___________________________

Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Violinist

There was a time when I really wanted to relax. And I imagine, playing music was really a great idea to relax and did some self entertaining... But I wanted to add something classic in there. And the violin was perfectly suited and perfect for such purpose.

I wanted an eccentric figure. Someone who could represent my obsession, and it's time to compromise with various options. This was the atmosphere and plot that I aimed to build: Though there was a bit of a classic touch through the presence of violin, I didn't want to convey the circumstances that was too old-fashioned as appeared on dramatic figures wearing unique costumes, a kind of typically people wore in several centuries ago when the classical music maestros triumphed. It was not as graceful and serious as the figures of Mozart and Beethoven that I had in mind. But, of course I also didn't expect a situation that is too modern, which in my opinion would spoil or disrupt the classic elements.

Maybe the right answer was to bring out a little retro element. I think it was a delightful chaos. Well, this was a rather strange combination, but it's unique to me. We'll go back to the 20th century! A man in tacky clothes is playing the violin. That's the idea ....

It's a fusion of fun, weird and a little wacky ... I wanted to make it tacky and colorful. I would bring out strong and diverse colors to strengthen the expression. Something that made my canvas was predominated by passion, exuded spirit and I hoped the audience could easily catch it.

When I just wanted to highlight specific goals. I had unconsciously limited the style I applied to my painting. Frankly, I just wanted to capture the impression of a guy playing the violin in a retro, cheerful and vibrant vibe.

The limitations that ultimately made my painting is dominated by decorative elements. I let my brushstrokes swirl in colors that conveyed childish innocence, forming decorative patterns. Once in a while it presented a regularity of geometric patterns and then I ruffled it into a sweet mess. It was like a wild dance, but at the same time elegant. Very dynamic, rhythmic and flowing like a music.

 

violinist roel reis


The Violinist
Size and media: 
70 x 90 cm
Oil on Canvas

 

This property is sold in NFT, feel free to check out please: OpenSea

No comments:

Post a Comment

We strive to provide free contents, if you like it please contribute to support all my works which dedicated to humanity and peace
 
___________________________