We strive to provide free contents, if you like it please contribute to support all my works which dedicated to humanity and peace
 
___________________________

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Mystery of the River


Like a life, a flowing river meanders such as a human life that is full of twists and turns, many obstacles and turbulent .... Sometimes it flows swiftly in a rumble, sometimes it's so quiet in its mysterious silence. But one thing for sure, however, the river keeps on flowing, flowing as it follows the life cycle ..., just as human's life goes on no matter what happens.

 
philosophy-flowing-water
The philosophy of flowing water
 
Continuing the adventure downed the river with white rocks, I submitted to the great curiosity and full of questions ....,” Where does this river end? Will it end up in the vast ocean? A very common presumption for many people that the river will surely meet the sea at the estuary. Or, will the other surprises occur?”
A simple question, which was a big mystery to me! I tried to find the answer. From the calm and clear downstream, I followed the winding river flow to a point, where my little adventure would find a hidden place ...! This pleasant surprise reminded me of moments in the adventure movies, where the actor walked through thick woods and trees, then he heard a certain sound that was suspicious, and ... when he uncovered the dense leaves..., he suddenly found a surprise! He discovered a lost ancient city, or a very beautiful hidden place!

path-leading-confluence-two-rivers
The path leading to the confluence of two rivers
 
The same thing happened to me, with the only access through a small pathway in-between the grove of bamboo trees, and other trees that I didn't even know its name, I faintly heard gurgling water. I walked closer, so the sound was louder. It sparked my curiosity. Sneaking in between the lush bamboo trees, I finally found a hidden place, a significant spot that was very beautiful! I thought, that I had finally reached the end of the 'Oya' river. Apparently, the end of the river didn't end at sea! It was the confluence of two rivers ........
 
water- turbulent-before-confluence of two rivers
Suddenly the water was turbulent before the confluence of two rivers
 
I descended into the river's edge. I saw with my own eyes with wonder. Somehow, right before the meeting point or river branch ..., I suddenly found this river flow became more ferocious, the ripples of the water became wild and swift. This was a very attractive scene, whitening water splash amongst the rocks was so very wonderful. The voice was rumbling and endless, slipping between the rocks like rapids.

water-ripples-among-rocks
Ripples of water among the rocks


 
Water-splash-crashing-rocks
Water splash is crashing into rocks
 
When I looked at the river upward, the river flow still appeared calm and meandering with its elegant and lovely scenery. Actually, it's not a big river, and this river flow ended and merged with a larger river: the Opak river. This great river showed its splendor with its calmer nature. 

Finally-merged-another-river
Finally merged with another river

Giant-rock-middle-river
Giant rock in the middle of the river

streams-two-rivers-meet
The streams of two rivers meet
 
Thus, the water spilled over and joined with the larger river and now they got peace there..., it's just like a cranky child and then cuddled in the warm embrace of his mother .... And afterward, I observed further the new river. There was something very interesting in that calm larger river ... Nearby the meeting point of two rivers, there was a giant rock with a size of a football field ... It stood proudly and calmly right in the middle of the large river that was more like a delta, but with a smaller size. 

Afternoon-confluence-two-rivers
Afternoon at confluence of two rivers

 I was reluctant to leave in a very pleasant and refreshing atmosphere. I even decided to wait there until dusk to enjoy my favorite light phenomena. I always loved the colors changes in the sky and the atmosphere that slowly faded. I always felt that I learned valuable lessons about colors directly from nature itself. And nature was friendly and happy to teach me ....
The cold wind began to blow and creep over my body and the light began to fade ... The cold wind that blew through green leaves, now combined with the sound of water splash crashing into the rocks. Birds appeared, passing through the dim twilight sky gracefully. An attractive eagle maneuvered in the distance, wagging its wings in the twilight clouds beautifully.

eagle-flies-over-river-dusk
The eagle flies over the river at dusk

 My expectation about dusk was the colors of orange to reddish, then fading and darkness took over to lead the sun sleeping on his throne. But this time, something beyond my imagination happened, in the gloomy twilight I only found a slight tinge of orange. The rest of the sky remained blue, which gradually turned dark blue at the late of dusk.

Dusk-in-blue
Dusk in blue

 And in my opinion this was an amazing natural phenomenon, because in the sky that started to dim, it presented the magnificent bluish tinge spectacularly. It was possible by the color mixing of bright sunlight in the horizon with deep blue color of sky and at the same time blended with the darkness that gradually occurred.

blue-tinge-twilight-sky
Blue tinge in the twilight sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

We strive to provide free contents, if you like it please contribute to support all my works which dedicated to humanity and peace
 
___________________________